IMG_7211MANNA Food Helpline

We’re here to help you find food when you need it.

If you or someone you know is currently struggling to afford groceries, our Food Helpline agents can help! Our team of caring staff and volunteers are specially trained to assist you with:

  • SNAP applications (and re-certifications)
  • referrals to food pantries, markets, and meals
  • referrals to other needed resources

The Helpline is available from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

CALL:  800-820-1109
TEXT: 828-202-9685


The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) program that can help you put food on the table. SNAP, formerly known as food stamps, is a monthly allocation of dollars for individuals and families who need help getting enough food. Benefits are distributed to recipients each month on an EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) card, which works like a debit card. SNAP benefits can be used to purchase food at grocery stores, convenience stores and some farmer’s markets and co-op food programs.


Getting started is a snap! It’s as easy as scheduling an appointment with the Food Bank’s Food Access and Support Team to see if you are eligible. Our team can answer all your SNAP questions.

Schedule an Appointment

Learn More About SNAP

Would you like more information about SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)? Need help finding food assistance near you? SNAP may be able to help make nutritious food more affordable for your family.

Learn More About SNAP

WIC: The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for WOMAN, INFANTS, and CHILDREN

WIC stands for Women, Infants and Children. It is the Special Supplemental Program for Women, Infants and Children, funded by the United States Department of Agriculture. It is commonly referred to as the WIC Program.

Learn More About WIC


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. 

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or 

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.