Our Nutrition Works team works to provide our clients with recipes detailing how to cook up the food that they are bringing home from our mobile markets into delicious meals and treats.
As we move towards autumn, it is a perfect time to use those summer squashes and complement one of your meals with the Tomato and Yellow Squash Side Dish. Watch the video to learn how to prepare the tasty treat!
Tomato and Yellow Squash Side Dish
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 sliced and cubed yellow squash
– Cook until soft
– 2 cups chopped tomatoes
– 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– Bring to a boil
– Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes
– Salt and pepper to taste
Guarnicion de Tomate y Calabaza Amarilla
– 2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva
– 2 calabaza amarillo cortado y en cubos
– Cocinar hasta que suave
– 2 tazas de tomates picados
– 1/2 cucharadita de oregano seco
– 1/4 cucharilla de albahaca seca
– 1/2 cucharadita de ajo en polvo
– Llevar a hervir
– Reduzca el calor y simmer durante 10 minutos
– Sal y pimienta para probar
Trying out a recipe? Tag us on social media!
Share your results with us! If you love to share healthy recipes, make a recipe your own, or simply share your photos, we’d love to see how it turns out. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Happy (and healthy) cooking!